Senior PR Manager
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose and to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing and highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
As a brand, MM.LaFleur has a fantastic story to tell. We have a rich founder narrative, a compelling mission, and permission from our customers to talk about almost anything that relates to professional women. The Senior PR Manager helps get these stories out into the world, amplifying the efforts of our incredible team of designers, content creators, and events staff, making sure that we are exposing new customers to our message in a variety of outlets.
What will you do?
- Lean on brand marketing objectives to determine and set the long-term PR strategy.
- In ongoing conversations with the events and content teams, you’ll help align PR with those channels in service of larger brand marketing objectives.
- Provide specifics for seasonal PR campaigns. This is where it turns tactical: You will help execute the strategy above.
- Keep a steady stream of product pitches running to promote seasonal collection launches.
- Respond to inbound requests from media venues as appropriate to support our larger PR strategy.
What skills do you have?
- 5+ years of experience managing PR at a strong brand -- whether that’s a national magazine, publishing imprint, clothing company or other related business. Bonus points if the work especially spoke to professional women.
- You have years of relationships and connections at relevant media outlets.
- You love to take a risk and try an off-the-wall (but on-brand) idea; you think big.
- You are great at working across internal teams to bring out everyone’s best work.
- You connect to the mission of MM.LaFleur and are able to share it with audiences in various ways.
Back to top