Senior Manager / Director, Buying and Planning
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for modern women of purpose. How? By delivering luxury-quality clothing via a seamless, direct-to-consumer stylist experience.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are all passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We’re data obsessors who like nice clothes.
About the role
Welcome to a team where creativity meets data and beautiful designs turn into real product. Do we have your attention? MM’s merchandising and planning team is hiring for a Senior Manager / Director of Planning. You will work closely with many core teams at MM and will be a critical player in achieving sales goals, developing product strategies, and transforming the retail landscape.
What will you do?
- Lead a planning and buying team on the forefront of redefining how retail manages inventory
- Build detailed annual inventory plans & determine investment levels for all sales channels and categories
- Lead Open-to-Buy discussions and manage the budgeting process, partnering closely with Finance to align on seasonal investments, inventory strategies, and receipt flow
- Drive the buying process in identifying optimal SKU count, buy quantities and contribution of each category to total business, able to balance the needs of brand-elevating / fashion styles vs volume-driving / core styles
- Partner with Shopping Bag and Offline channel managers to determine the optimal assortment mix by market that will lead to achieving sales goals
- Own reporting & analytical projects to provide actionable insights & identify business opportunities
- Ensure cross-departmental knowledge sharing and mutual understanding on product performance
- Make quick recommendations on strategies to push inventory, replenish or course-correct as necessary
- Partner with our Customer Experience, Logistics, Production, Merchandising & Marketing teams to deliver products to our customers in the right quantity, at the right time
- Provide forecasts to Production and Warehouse partners for appropriate factory and warehouse resource-allocation
- Present seasonal and core product investment strategies to the Executive Team
- Oversee a team of 2-3 planners, reporting into VP of Merchandising & Planning
- Be responsible for achieving Sell Through, Inventory Turn and average Supply targets
- Manage fabric consumption, plan out Kill Goods and estimate fabric reorder needs
- Determine liquidation strategies as needed
Who are you?
- An assertive team player who can work easily and seamlessly cross-functionally
- A strong communicator who can influence high-level decision making
- A passionate contributor who cares deeply about the quality of their work
- An inspirational leader who can rally colleagues and mentor direct reports
What skills do you have?
- BA/BS Degree with 5-6+ years of experience, preferably within a retail organization
- Advanced experience working within Excel
- SQL skills preferred but not required
- Strong (even obsessive) organizational qualities
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ambition to succeed in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other teams
- A desire to innovate, break through norms, and do something different
- A passion for MM products and fulfilling the needs of our extraordinary customers
- Steadfast willingness and drive to “find a way”
- Previous experience in merchandising or distribution a plus
Back to top