Senior Associate, Visual Merchandising
About this role:
MM.LaFleur is redefining the traditional "brick and mortar" experience. As our offline team grows, we’re looking to expand our retail presence. This means building beautiful showrooms across the country that offer hyper-personalized, in-person appointments for our customers. Our Visual Merchandising team is at the core of creating these offline experiences, and we’re looking for innovative challenge-seekers with excellent taste and experience in architecture and interior design to join our team.
What will you do?
- Assist the Senior Manager of Visual Merchandising in the design and execution of showrooms, ground-level pop-ups, and office space. Includes preliminary space planning, construction document refinement, material selection and research, and finish schedule development.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, architects, and general contractors.
- Project manage like an all-star: Facilitate cross-departmental and external meetings, maintain project budgets and payment schedules, and oversee design calendar.
- Prepare graphics and visual design presentations.
- Space planning, furniture placement, color and material selection.
- Help grow and develop the guardrails of the MM interior visual identity .
- Maintain NY showroom, client-facing offices, and shared working spaces .
- Train showroom associates on visual standards and displays.
What skills do you have?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture preferred
- 2-3 years experience working at an architecture and/or design firm. Previous work with fashion retailers is a plus.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and digital rendering programs
- Comfortable with negotiating and resourceful with a small budget
- Excellent follow-up and multitasking skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Excellent aesthetic taste and vision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
Back to top