Project Manager, Store Planning & Construction
About This Role
MM.LaFleur is redefining "brick and mortar." We are creating a revolutionary experience for our customers who love great style but have minimal time to shop (hence our hashtag, #BetterThingsToDo). Our key differentiator is our hyper-personalized customer service and we want you to be on the ground floor of building that experience.
As the first Project Manager of Store Planning & Construction, you will develop and direct responsibilities for the company’s retail expansion across the US, reporting directly to the Director of Offline Retail and working closely with the Visual Merchandising and Corporate Facilities teams. Specific areas of responsibilities include contract negotiation, vendor sourcing & management, construction management, procurement, and capital budgeting, forecasting and reporting. You must be competent in handling and organizing a large volume of projects and interfacing with all levels of management at MM.LaFleur as well as general contractors, vendors/suppliers and architects.
What will you do?
- Manage the development and construction of 4 showroom locations in 2017 and 8 in 2018 across the US from the signing of the Letter of Intent to the turnover of the space to the retail operations team. (80% showroom, 20% office space)
- Advise Director of Offline Retail on location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements.
- Develop a bottoms-up budget and timeline for executive approval, and manage throughout the project.
- Review all architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation related to design development and construction processes.
- Hire and contract architects, designers, consultants, and General Contractors.
- Manage licenses/documents necessary for projects.
- Create and implement project schedules and budgets for multiple projects at the same time.
- 5+ years of experience with construction management, retail experience preferred but not required.
- College degree. Degree in Architecture preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe.
- Rockstar negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction .
- Ability to turn on a dime and to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Passion for MM.LaFleur's mission to “take the work out of dressing for work.”
A commitment to growth: We’re a start-up, which means we’re focused on one thing—growing—and we want you to join us for the ride. Help us become a company that is truly loved by purposeful women across the world, and the opportunities for you are endless.
Back to top