Part-Time Showroom Stylist, Boston
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose and to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully designed clothing and highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About This Role
MM.LaFleur is redefining "brick and mortar." We aim to create a revolutionary experience for our customers who love great style but have minimal time to shop (hence our hashtag, #BetterThingsToDo). Our key differentiator is our hyper-personalized customer service and we want you to be on the ground floor of building that experience.
As a Part-Time Stylist you will assist clients one-on-one in our Showroom in Boston on Newbury Street and at our M.M. To Go location in the Seaport. The Seaport location will open on May 1, 2020. You will also be responsible for customer communication, merchandising, and inventory management.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our brand and eager to create unique customer experiences. You have a relatable attitude and are able to lead customers through our brand story, providing advice and product recommendations tailored to the customer’s needs.
What will you do?
- Grow and develop our customer base through one-on-one interactions in our Showroom, M.M. To Go and at pop-up events, with a focus on exceptional service
- Educate self and client on merchandise, events, promotions, policy and services
- Be a stylist; suggest and style products for your customers based on profiles and feedback
- Be a salesperson; understand the store’s performance and metrics and strive to reach sales goals
- Acquire and build client base primarily through forming relationships with new clients and retaining/building spend of existing clients
- Help host events and parties in our spaces; grow and develop our customer base through one-on-one interactions
- Strategize, take initiative to increase individual and store productivity
- Support the Customer Experience team by tracking Offline inventory issues, handling priority orders, and delivering on specific customer requests
- Become proficient in inventory management, merchandising, POS, and company procedures
- Maintain visual presentations and cleanliness at the store
- Set the tone for the rest of their experiences with us and promote exceptional service at all points in the M.M. journey
Who are you?
- You have an ability to connect, feel empathy for, and interact easily with those around you.
- You are passionate about meeting new people and helping others
- You're responsible; you show up on time and ask questions when you're unclear.
- You have brand knowledge and the ability to create personal styling experiences
- You're committed to an error-free world (e.g. no typos.)
- You have a positive, can-do attitude! (Nothing is above or below you.)
- You have fashion and sales experience and you’re a customer service whiz!
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to quickly problem-solve
- You are comfortable with quickly learning and adapting to technology
- You have some prior experience with Magento and Square (preferred but not required)
- Able to comfortably lift 30lbs on a regular basis and stand for most of the work day
- Part Time: Able to work approximately 15-25 hours per week and weekend work required.
A commitment to growth: We’re a start-up, which means we’re focused on one thing—growing—and we want you to join us for the ride. Help us become a company that is truly loved by purposeful women across the world, and the opportunities for you are endless.
Back to top