Office & Facilities Manager
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose and to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing and highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
The Office & Facilities Manager is integral in making sure our spaces run like well-oiled machines, anticipating our office and space needs before we even know we have them. You will balance time on the office floor maintaining the organization and tidiness of our corporate headquarters, with supporting facilities functions and employee activities. You will own the maintenance for all our locations, and create a system of communication to make sure that all locations are able to get the support they need.
What will you do?
- Ensure coverage of the reception area from 9:30am - 6pm, arranging for coverage when you are not at the desk
- Warmly greet visitors and ensure they are catered for appropriately, e.g. getting a drink, putting away a coat, etc.
- Manage daily visitor and vendor guest list, communicating to building management
- Receive, dispense, and coordinate sending out packages and mail
- Create an office opening and closing procedure guide
- Oversee our in-office security system in conjunction with building management
- Communicate in a timely manner with building staff when maintenance is needed in the space
- Keep a well-stocked kitchen at all of our locations, filled with consistent and healthy options
- Ensure our office is always compulsively neat (we’re perfectionists!) by overseeing general housekeeping and making sure all amenities and facilities are restocked throughout the day
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers, and consistently work with vendors to maintain a rotating schedule of snacks and beverages in office kitchens
- Create an inventory system for office supplies and food & beverage stock
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage spaces
- Assist in coordinating and managing office events and large meetings
- Create a replenishment cadence and reorder request system (possibly sourcing a vendor) for our showrooms to maintain their office supplies, shipping needs, and snacks
- Facilities ownership: finding, communicating & scheduling contractors and cleaning staff for each of our locations
- Oversee our cleaning service and hold them to the highest standard
- Establish a cadence of communication between multiple locations to stay on top of the needs of spaces where you are not based
What skills do you have?
- ~3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced (preferably startup) environment
- Professional, personable, and friendly demeanor
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Google G-suite
- You are an equally huge fan of checklists and charts as well as building relationships
- While you love to have a set routine, you are able to go with the flow and quickly adapt to rotating priorities
- You are comfortable juggling multiple projects with varying deadlines, and have a proven track record of execution on tasks
- You pay obsessive attention to detail and have the highest standards for your work; done isn’t enough, things must be done well
- You have a demonstrated ability to effectively identify, evaluate and implement new processes
- Office or customer service experience a plus
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and be comfortable spending part of the day on your feet
- Excellent at time management and able to balance long term and daily tasks when faced with frequent interruptions.
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top