About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
The Jr. Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Accounting Department by assisting with managing general ledger, preparing and reviewing financial information for accuracy and timeliness, participating in preparation and analysis of the financial statements, and a variety of segment reporting and other projects as assigned by Controller. We are looking for a proactive independent thinker with a keen analytical ability and a positive attitude who can contribute to our team.
What will you do?
- Assists with responsibility for the integrity of general ledgers, completion of the balance sheets, profit and loss statements and account analysis as well as closing of the books and preparation of financial statements
- Analyzes and verifies cost center and assists with correct revenue and expense allocations
- Assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines data processing support required during month-end
- Prepares, verifies and controls entry to general ledger
- Assists with reviews of month end closing procedures
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Controller
What skills do you have?
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting from an accredited 4 year College or University
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of GAAP
- Microsoft Office & NetSuite skills preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures on manual and automated systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to multi-task, and extreme attention to detail & organization
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top