Freelance Graphic Designer
About Our Company
M.M. LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for work—whether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, and beautiful, and we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished and powerful version of yourself.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, and everything we design has a purpose and a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, and we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We’re steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team that’s not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes—we own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, and evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, and love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, and we practice Kizukai—a Japanese word that means “empathy in action.” We are incredibly proud of the team we’ve built, and we’re excited to continue evolving as we grow.
- Design new pages for the mmlafleur.com website
- Create on-brand, web-ready assets with attention to site responsiveness using existing modular Wordpress CMS templates
- Visually update the mmlafleur.com homepage on a weekly basis
- Prepare and crop images for PDPs, category pages, bundle pages, and marketing campaign pages
- Create assets for M.M.LaFleur’s social channels, with a focus on Instagram
- Crop and prepare images and graphics for M.M.’s site and digital magazine, The M Dash with an eye for photo selection
- Design digital ads, including paid social and display ads
- Produce printed brand assets (stationery, hangtags, collateral, etc.)
- Collaborate with creative team (other designers and Art Director), as well as cross-functional partners (e-commerce, marketing, product, and copy) to ensure designs are on-brand and accomplish business objectives
- Use company systems (such as Asana) to work under tight deadlines
Overview of Role
As a member of the Creative & Brand Team, the Freelance Graphic Designer will focus on the visual design of M.M.LaFleur’s branded digital and print assets. Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, the Freelance Graphic Designer will ensure the M.M. website, social media, blog, and collateral look and feel inline with established brand guidelines.
Experience & Skills
- 1+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Optional, but added plus:
- Prior fashion industry experience
- Ability to edit video
- Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
Effective September 13, 2021, all employees, guests, and customers entering M.M.LaFleur facilities must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Employees unable to receive the vaccine due to medical conditions or sincere religious beliefs may apply for exemption from this policy through reasonable accommodation. The company will evaluate those requests consistent with its legal obligations.