About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role:
At MM, we think numbers can be as stylish, colorful, and refined as our clothes. Our business decisions are informed by numbers, so we are constantly on the lookout for talent to help us manage and plan our rapid growth and data inflow.
Primary responsibilities include developing & maintaining monthly operating metrics & budgets, investigating questions & variances that arise on the activities of the business, preparing ad-hoc analyses and presentations, and assisting with financial planning.
What will you do?
- Drive the financial quarterly forecast and the annual budgeting process, and perform operating plan variance analysis
- Become the go-to expert in all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Provide insights and timely financial recommendations to the executive team
- Create presentations for the executive team and investors
- Use data to deliver actionable insights that can improve operations & financial performance
- Help manage and develop the annual budgeting & long-range financial planning process
- Review monthly accounting close & prepare & analyze monthly P&L, balance sheet & cash flow statement working closely with the accounting team
What skills do you have?
- 1-3 years experience in financial planning and analysis
- Demonstrated ability modeling and forecasting subscription revenue
- Analytical mindset and innate curiosity
- Attention to detail and willingness to dig into the numbers to gain key insights
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working across the organization
- Ability to work autonomously against tight deadlines
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
- A thorough and zero-defect mindset
- Ambition to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top