Director of Analytics
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
MM has a functioning data pipeline & large amounts of data, but we need you to help us use it correctly. We’re hiring a Director of Analytics to define what constitutes truth in our dataset, meet the needs of the company today, and scale the team and pipeline for the future. You’ll build, train and run a team that meets the needs of a half dozen internal client teams. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of offline and online product and marketing metrics, a customer centric mindset, and a desire to solve problems with a data first approach. This role reports into our Chief Technology Officer.
What will you do?
- Have a point of view about how data should be used to fuel MM’s growth
- Direct the development, design, and implementation of analytics initiatives, for MM.LaFleur
- Be the center of excellence for all things related to analytics and data analysis across departments
- Interface with non-technical business teams to understand and translate needs into requirements in order to help solve business and customer problems.
- Manage the team of analysts performing variety of analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, advertising targeting models, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis, pricing analysis, attribution analysis, and A/B testing data analytics etc.
- Define a single source of truth for our analytics
- Use Engineering resources to enhance the data pipeline
- Select analytics vendors to ensure repeatable access to data by internal and external data consumers
- Create a culture of data driven decision making across all teams
What skills do you have?
- A leader—initiating structure, managing others’ performance, directing their work, resolving conflict.
- Team player: possess a fantastic can-do attitude and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
- A data junkie: you love finding the details in facts, statistics, and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- An excellent communicator of complex (often technical) information to different types of audiences.
- Enterprising to take up and start new projects. Able to achieve work with risk of failure.
- Results Oriented—driven to get work done.
- A critical thinker—who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems.
- Customer focused—focused on serving internal and external customers with respect and care.
- A change agent—influencing and managing effective change.
At a minimum, you have...
- 5+ years’ experience performing advanced analytics using structured and unstructured data.
- 3+ years leading teams of Analysts, Business Intelligence, or Data Scientists.
- Proven ability to motivate and empower people to achieve challenging results.
- Hands-on mastery of SQL, Excel, and R or Python required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top