About This Role
At MM.LaFleur, we like to say we have three products: clothing, personal styling, and brilliant content. Content is where we broaden our conversation with the MM customer and delve into the nuances of her life: the challenges, the triumphs, the ironies, and the always-interesting-but-not-always-tidy reality of being a busy professional in 2017. If you are dying to create stories about and for this woman, read on.
We’re looking for a content director who is overflowing with creative ideas for how to engage our customers, readers, and followers across platforms and media. Not only will you edit and manage our digital magazine, The M Dash, but we’ll count on you to take our content strategy to the next level. We want someone who thinks big, but can happily operate in a scrappy startup environment.
You will report to our Creative Director of Brand, and you’ll manage 1-2 direct reports in addition to freelancers.
What will you do?
- Set strategy and oversee content marketing initiatives, with a goal of building and evolving the MM.LaFleur brand (and driving traffic, engagement, leads, sales, and word of mouth)
- Simultaneously act as writer, editor, producer, and publisher to create engaging content across channels (digital magazine, print media, social media, email)
- Edit and oversee our digital magazine, The M Dash, performing tasks such as:
- Overseeing brainstorms and story generation
- Planning editorial calendar
- Conducting interviews, writing stories, and editing content
- Overseeing freelance contributors
- Working with in-house creative team to produce visual assets (photos, videos, infographics, illustrations, etc.)
- Collaborate with many departments (creative, merchandising, sales, marketing) to ensure alignment around brand initiatives
- Contribute ideas to marketing campaigns and collection launches
- Work with our performance marketing team to amplify content across relevant channels
- Measure and report on KPIs related to content initiatives
- Manage a small (but growing) team of content creators
What skills do you have?
- 3+ years of experience in a content-focused role at a brand, agency, or publication
- A strong understanding of content marketing and its role in brand-building
- A compelling, original voice and point of view
- Strong copyediting abilities; excellent written communication skills
- A zero-typo attitude
- Alignment with our cultural values: kind, direct, hard-working, flexible, don’t-take-yourself-too-seriously
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- A nuanced understanding of the MM.LaFleur brand, voice, and mission
- Enthusiasm about working at a company that serves and empowers professional women through fashion, styling, and content
Tip: Your cover letter is important to us. Show us why you're the perfect fit for this role!
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top