About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose and to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing and highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
As a brand, MM.LaFleur has a lot to say! We reach out to our customers in our award-winning newsletter, in email, on our website, at events, in advertising—and in a surprising number of other places. The Brand Editor helps channel the voice of MM.LaFleur across those many platforms, making sure that we are on message, and speaking in our signature serious/funny/substantive/not-too-earnest way.
What will you do?
- Top edit the work of staff writers
- Be obsessive about a clever, grammatical turn of phrase
- Write copy as needed for requests from across the company
- Assign/edit stories to freelancers about fashion and women's career advancement
- Use compelling stories to build vibrant communities in our distribution platforms
What skills do you have?
- 6+ years of experience at a national magazine, either print or digital
- An obsession with words. You love to line edit, you’re great at a clever turn of phrase but you’re also able to see the big picture and fix a lazy argument or tighten a loosely written piece.
- You work well with freelance writers and have a go-to roster of writers in fashion, beauty and career.
- You love to take a risk and try an off-the-wall (but on-brand) idea
- You are great at working across internal teams to bring out everyone’s best work
- You connect to the mission of MM.LaFleur and are able to share it with various audiences in various ways
Back to top