Associate Art Director
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.About This Role MM is growing quickly, and we’re looking for an Art Director who can help us continue to evolve our existing brand identity. As the Art Director, you will work with the Creative Director and Creative team to art direct and design for the website, emails, print collateral, packaging, advertising, photography, and other brand assets from concept to execution. MM is a fast-paced environment, and we need someone with the capacity to come up with new ideas while juggling multiple projects at once. In short, we're looking for a superstar who is excited about jumping in and taking on new responsibilities. What will you do? - Supervise design of recurring digital design assets, including weekly marketing emails, Instagram posts, pop-up invites, blog post imagery, and digital ads
- Manage sourcing and design of packaging, print collateral, stationery, hangtags, and labels
- Contribute concepts and direction for branded campaign photoshoots
- Design and execute web layouts for campaigns & launches according to merchandise assortment and web architecture
- Oversee design of store signage for showrooms, pop-up shops, and offline visual merchandise needs
- Concept & ideate on new and existing brand collateral and website under Art Director’s guidance
- Source and work with external vendors to accomplish visual needs What skills do you have?
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Business/retail acumen and an understanding of marketing goals
- Experience managing direct reports within a creative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Collaborative, flexible team member with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You heart startups—you like flexibility and ownership; you move quickly and (sometimes) break things; you appreciate process, but don’t mind if it doesn’t exist sometimes
- Big pluses: Illustration skills; hand lettering skills; video/motion graphics; coding/CMS experience/understanding; photography; retouching
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top