Assistant Designer for Fully Fashioned Knitwear
About this role:
MM.LaFleur is seeking to add a talented assistant knitwear designer/product developer to our team. This position would be to work closely with the Senior Knitwear Designer in the day-to-day development of all the fully fashioned knitwear styles from sketch to final sample. It is crucial that this person can communicate efficiently to overseas factories and maintain all technical packages and the lifecycle of each style. This person should have strong illustration skills, demonstrate creative sense and ability, and have working knowledge of garment construction, measurement, and specs. This person should also have a great eye for color and texture. This position may begin as part-time/freelance and transition to full-time based on fit and performance.
What will you do:
- Receive direction from the Senior Knitwear Designer and take the knitwear style from the proto stage, all the way through to production hand-off.
- Develop product using creative problem-solving skills.
- Create tech packs for overseas development with detailed sketches, flats, specs and clear directions for construction and finishing.
- Bring a positive attitude and strong desire to grow his/her knowledge of techniques and craftsmanship.
- Daily communication with overseas factories creating a positive partnership between us and all vendors.
- Take full ownership of projects and keep timing on track according to the seasonal line plan- being organized and having strong time management skills are key to being successful in this role.
- Work well with other team members to prepare for meetings, presentations, and photoshoots.
What skills do you have:
- A BFA: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in fashion design or related field is required
- Have 1-2 years experience interning or working full-time in the fashion industry, preferably in the luxury market.
- A great eye for quality and craftsmanship and dedication to making beautiful and functional product.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to organize and communicate efficiently, take notes clearly, and be reliable with deadlines.
- Can be self-directed, a team player, multi-task, and have good follow through/ sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to execute creative and focused visual presentations.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Microsoft Suite.
- Prior experience in fully fashioned knits is preferred but not required.
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top