Accounts Payable Specialist
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose and to take the work out of dressing for work. We celebrate professional women through our thoughtfully-designed clothing and highly personalized service model.
Who are we?
We're a group of entrepreneurs who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the daily processing of incoming invoices; matching to purchase orders as applicable; submitting for managerial approval; tracking to assure timely return; differentiating deposit vs balance vs regular invoices and payments; double checking for any potential overpayments; data entry for payment; handling vendor reconciliations and issues; gathering completed W9’s; assisting with 1099’s at year end; processing of a high volume of invoices each week with speed and accuracy. This individual works closely with the internal Accounting & Finance team, and will be primarily dedicated to the areas of Design, Product Development and Production. He or she plays a crucial role in keeping the MMachine running!
What will you do?
- Ensure all invoices/inquiries are handled in a timely manner
- Process incoming invoices received by mail and electronically for payment in NetSuite
- Prepare invoice coding, splits between GL accounts, departments and location
- Verify invoice approvals, both for proper signatures and dollar amounts
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors and build strong relationships with vendors / departments / colleagues
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Prepare vendor setup files (W9s, W-8BENs, banking information)
- Handle year-end vendor related reporting (1099’s)
What skills do you have?
- High School diploma, Associate's Degree preferred
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office & NetSuite skills preferred
- Must be a fast learner, efficient, organized, detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to multi-task, and extreme attention to detail & organization
- Enthusiasm about joining a company that believes when women succeed in the workplace, the world becomes a better place
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top