Position Summary: Supervise and provide local oversight for technical and personnel needs related to MLB Replay, MLB Broadcast Products and Services, and MLB Network Ballpark Cam.
Locations: We are seeking a Venue Tech Manager for each of the following ballparks. The Venue Tech Manager at each park will be required to work on site:
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Boston Red Sox
- Colorado Rockies
- Houston Astros
- LA Angels
- LA Dodgers
- Miami Marlins
- NY Mets
- NY Yankees
- Oakland Athletics
- San Diego Padres
- San Francisco Giants
- Seattle Mariners
- Tampa Rays
- Texas Rangers
- Manage and support local Venue Technicians.
- Troubleshoot issues in tandem with local Venue Technicians and Senior Engineers.
- Support and maintain computer network and subsystems.
- Support and maintain inbound/outbound Ballpark Camera transmission systems.
- Support and maintain large networked intercom systems.
- Support and maintain robotic camera controls and related mechanical systems.
- Support and maintain small router and multi-viewer systems.
- Support and maintain Baseball Game Operations gear. This includes, but is not limited to dugout phones, beacon testing, player/coach iPads, and BPS gear.
- Interface with MLBN Operations, Replay Operations, BPS, BTC, and Infrastructure for specific park needs and communications with their respective staffs.
- Oversee and organize maintenance of the equipment installed in the ballparks with the appropriate MLB Department and the venue.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in stadium preferred and remote production environment with digital video encoding required.
- Previous experience with intercom systems is required.
- In-depth knowledge of computer and IT network systems with proficiency in MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and use of the Internet is required.
- This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people and situations, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Ability to create processes in a dynamic environment.
- Basic understanding of encoding systems.
- Basic understanding of fiber transmissions.
- Must be proficient in use of troubleshooting devices such as video scopes and fiber meters.
- Understand the effects of hostile environments on electronic systems and adjust each system accordingly.
- Must be able to analyze complex electronic problems and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Basic understanding of HD television systems and formats.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to regularly travel domestically and/or internationally, often on short notice.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively while exposed to varying and unpredictable weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, wind, etc.
- MLBN provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- MLBN complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in broadcast technology / engineering or equivalent related experience.
Note – As per Major League Baseball’s Covid-19 requirements, all employees working in MLB ballparks must be vaccinated for Covid-19.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?