The Technology Services Specialist position is a cornerstone of the Technology Services and the greater IT team. As a member of the Technology Services Support team, you are the first point of contact with the Technology Department for most of the business and as such you must command not only excellent technical and customer service skills, but the professionalism and initiative to get problems resolved quickly and efficiently.
This opening is for our evening shift (In-season: 5:30PM - 1:30AM; Off-season: 4PM - 12AM.)
- Providing first, second and third level technology support, including but not limited to receiving calls, opening, and logging tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved, and routing/escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Experience diagnosing, repairing, configuring, and imaging both Apple Mac and Windows PCs.
- Responding to calls within SLAs and updating tickets for tasks completed.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc end-user support, managing priorities and communications effectively and efficiently.
- Escalating major incidents to IT management quickly and clearly.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available to work non-standard business hours upon request or as needed.
- Contribute to creation of support documentation.
- Continue to learn about MLB supported applications including new features and enhancements.
- Be part of on-call rotation for end-user support after hours.
- Willing and able to occasionally travel as necessary for event support both internationally and domestically.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities including but not limited to timesheets, special projects, meetings with staff and 1:1's with supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in end-user technology support in a medium or large environment.
- Active Directory, Azure AD administration and scripting experience with PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and Google Workspace.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly communicate steps to resolve end user’s issues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize a variety of tasks, and collaborate effectively in a complex environment with multiple teams.
- Distinctive problem-solving, technical troubleshooting, and analytical capabilities.
- Experience with configuring and managing MDM solutions.
- Experience diagnosing issues with MS Office for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Experience with cloud services and productivity tools (Slack, Zoom, Atlassian etc.)
- Familiarity with fundamental networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VLANS, DHCP etc.)
- Working Knowledge of common email clients such as Outlook for macOS, Apple Mail, and Outlook for Windows in an enterprise environment.
- Strong Customer Service mentality and strong multitasking ability.
- Coding experience with a general-purpose programming language (i.e., Java, C/C++, Python, PowerShell) are plus.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy