Staff Accountant - Jackie Robinson Training Complex
The Staff Accountant for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) performs essential finance and accounting functions including but not limited to preparing journal entries, coordinating accounts payable, overseeing invoicing and accounts receivable, maintaining general ledger reconciliations and cash management. The Staff Accountant also administers payroll.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Make regular bank deposits and reconcile bank account.
- Monitor cash flow and provide cash flow analysis for Managing Director.
- Assist in reporting, analyzing, interpreting and reconciling monthly financial data.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and analysis to assist in business decisions.
- Assist Managing Director with regular financial forecasting and annual budget preparation.
- Oversee accounts receivable, including invoicing, aging reports and follow-up on past due balances.
- Provide guidance to Coordinator, Human Resources & Office Services to ensure accurate and timely billing is exercised for all clients.
- Serve as the liaison to third party accounting firm.
- Provide monthly revenue report to accounting firm.
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis.
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices and mail checks.
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Prepare documentation for auditors.
- Oversee cash management at the JRTC, including daily administration and reconciliation of banks (concessions, merchandise, gate and hotel) and petty cash.
- Develop, implement and oversee proper cash handling and reporting procedures to minimize opportunities for theft and help the Managing Director hold staff accountable.
- Analyze sales and cost of goods sold for food service and retail.
- Administer payroll, including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and process payroll in the computerized payroll system and issue paychecks for all JRTC employees, ensuring they are paid correctly and on time.
- Evaluate the accuracy of timesheets submitted by each department and contact supervisors or individual employees when there is a discrepancy.
- Create new data files for new employees and submit hiring paperwork into the system to set up a payroll account.
- Enter information into the payroll system on a timely basis about employee taxes, exemptions, transfers, firings and resignations as details changes.
- Track employee absences through the payroll software and record details about personal days, vacation days, holidays, sick leave, jury duty and extended leaves of absence.
- Answer employee questions about payroll, leave amounts, tax forms and other compensation issues.
- Review and ensure accuracy of overtime claims.
- Coordinate between payroll and human resources ton ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Maintain a proper document control system.
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislations that impact compensation.
- Prepare month-end journals and reporting integrating to the financial system.
- Serve as a liaison to the Major League Baseball (MLB) Finance, Accounting, and Payroll staff, performing any duties assigned by them and ensuring compliance with MLB policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field is required; MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a related finance and accounting role is required.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems; experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills and forecasting skills, technical proficiency, effective problem-solving skills and strong ability to interpret statistical and accounting information/reports.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and accounting and finance team.
- Ability to present financial information effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to use typical office equipment.
Back to top