Senior Technology Services Specialist (Late Shift)
- New York, NY
- Providing first, second and third level help desk support, including but not limited to receiving calls, opening and logging tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved, and routing/escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Experience with configuring and imaging both Apple Mac and Windows PCs.
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware faults for Apple Macs and Windows PCs.
- Responding to calls within SLAs and updating tickets for tasks completed.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc end-user support, managing priorities and communications effectively and efficiently.
- Escalating major incidents to IT management quickly and clearly.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades or troubleshooting if needed.
- Apply and expand upon existing documentation and resources to solve problems.
- Continue to learn about MLB supported applications including new features and enhancements.
- Be part of on-call rotation.
- Travel for remote events as needed (Passport may be required).
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities including but not limited to: timesheets, special projects, meetings with staff and 1:1's with supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT, with at least 2 years in a senior support role.
- Coding experience with a general purpose programming language (ie. Java, C/C++, Python).
- Active Directory, Azure AD administration and scripting experience with PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and G-Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly communicate steps to resolve end user’s issues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize a variety of tasks, and collaborate effectively in a complex environment with multiple teams.
- Distinctive problem-solving, technical troubleshooting, and analytical capabilities.
- Experience with configuring and managing MDM solutions.
- Experience diagnosing issues with MS Office for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Experience with cloud services and productivity tools (Slack, Zoom, Atlassian etc...)
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, VLANS, DHCP etc).
- Working Knowledge of common email clients such as Outlook for macOS, Apple Mail, and Outlook for Windows in an enterprise environment.
- Strong Customer Service mentality and strong multitasking ability
- Experience supporting Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Back to top