Senior Manager, Consumer Analytics
- New York, NY
Major League Baseball (MLB) is looking for a Senior Manager of Consumer Analytics to join its Analytics team based in New York, NY. This role is primarily responsible for informing analysts, designers, clubs and product owners with accurate and insightful data to develop world-class digital products for baseball fans.
Qualified candidates should be avid users of MLB’s products on mobile, web, and connected device platforms. They will have a demonstrable ability to analyze and communicate quantitative and qualitative data findings to product stakeholders and executives. They will be comfortable with concepts in descriptive and inferential statistics. They will have great familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and analysis software (e.g. RStudio, Alteryx), and a working knowledge of data-relevant programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python is a plus). They will have experience conducting and designing multivariate and or A/B testing programs across digital platforms. Essentially, they will have proven success and experience in a lead contributor or managerial capacity on a multi-disciplinary analytics team.
- Become primary source of contact for MLB’s product and business owners to guide product development with key insights on user behavior and product performance.
- Ensure execution of MLB’s overall product strategy by setting incremental goals for executives, developers, and managers.
- Create methods and processes to provide internal stakeholders with quick, easy, and consistent access to essential product data.
- Perform ad hoc analyses on product usage and engagement for executive audiences
- Support and consult product and technical stakeholders to carry out multivariate and A/B testing programs
- Serve as a key contributor and senior member of an established analytics team
- Present and communicate positive and negative product performance updates regularly.
- An undergraduate degree in an analytical field. Advanced degrees (including MBAs) preferred, but not mandatory
- 5+ years of professional or academic experience in digital analytics, with demonstrable examples of leadership and success
- Experience being the key contributor, leader, or managing a team of co-workers
- Advanced familiarity with the Adobe Experience Cloud suite, especially Analytics, Target, and Audience Manager
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and familiarity with R and Python preferred, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of qualitative data collection and user feedback (voice of the fan) programs
- A baseball or sports fan is preferred.
Back to top