Senior Front End Engineer - Web Media
The Web Media Engineering team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our New York, NY office. This team is responsible for the direct-to-consumer (D2C) MLB.tv/MILB.tv video streaming (Live, OTT/SVOD) playback available across multiple web-based platforms (Web, Smart TV, etc). The team is also responsible for video on-demand (VOD) playback across Major League Baseball (MLB.com)/MLB Team Sites (30), Minor League Baseball (MILB.com)/MILB Team Sites (256) and Partner (YES Network, SportsNet New York (SNY), USA Baseball, etc.) sites.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on the Web Media Engineering team, you will ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, provide code reviews and act as a leading voice. In this role, you will help drive MLB.tv and VOD (Video-On-Demand) experiences for the web (desktop, mobile, etc.).
- 5+ years of overall software development experience
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge to video (ABR) streaming and playback: HLS, DASH
- Knowledge of Ads and Analytics integrations
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies: AWS, GCP
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD): GIT and Jenkins
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Back to top