Seasonal Stats Stringer
- New York, NY
Major League Baseball is seeking a stats stringer to cover the Milwaukee Brewers in 2020 and beyond
Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from the MLB ballparks, which provides the data used in the live content applications on MLB.com, including At-Bat, Gameday and MLB.TV, real-time highlights and text alerts, and by our business partners. This is a perfect part-time job for a responsible, computer-savvy person who happens to be a big baseball fan.
- Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time;
- Double-check and verify all pre-game information: rosters, umpires, weather conditions, etc.;
- During the game, enter the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using our proprietary software and coding language;
- Work closely with our game-night support staff (via Slack) to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data;
- After the game, enter all post-game information and validate all stats and data in our scoring software against the box score provided by the Official Scorer.
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game;
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software
-Google Chrome; Refresh page, open URL links
-Slack chat software
-Network connection management (Ethernet, Wifi enabling/Disabling; test MAC Address
- Previous experience (including pressbox exposure) with a professional or college sports team, preferably baseball;
- Regular availability to attend games in-person as required by the schedule: weekdays, nights and weekends;
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff;
- Professionalism. It is a fun job and we pay people to watch baseball, but it is also an important job and we want people who will take the responsibility seriously.
New stringers undergo an 8-10 week correspondence training program, and co-score several practice games in the ballpark with a returning stringer, before scoring any games solo in the ballpark.
ONLY those who reply to this link will be considered, and due to volume, we may be unable to respond to all applicants. You must currently reside in the Milwaukee area.
Thanks and good luck!
Back to top