Live Content Creator (Seasonal)
- New York, NY
Want your work displayed across Major League Baseball’s social media channels?
MLB’s social media team is looking to add creative and innovative content creators to each of our 30 ballparks around the league. Candidates must have a strong understanding of baseball and how to best show off the experience at a game from behind a lens to display on league and team social media channels. You are our content representative who’ll cover all things MLB-related in your corresponding city.
This is a part-time, seasonal position, covering all home games and team events and while you will be working at your respective ballparks, you will report to our social media team in New York City.
Please send along your resume, cover letter and a portfolio or Instagram account showing off any previous sports photography or videography you’ve done in the past.
We are currently looking to fill a position working with the Oakland A's.
- You’ll work with our social media department based out of New York City to create new and fresh content for our league and team social platforms each game day or on off day events
- Capture pregame, in-game, and post-game content for both home and visiting teams in photo/video formats to send over for real-time distribution by our editorial social team
- Occasional direct posting on league or team social platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and Facebook Live
- Content is generally everyday baseball behind the scenes and showing off game day but can also include content for marketing promotions, sponsorship activations and production shows or streaming on social
- Content capture for player social channels to be distributed through the league’s Player Social Program
- Love baseball, excited to be at the park for games
- Solid understanding of viral type of content
- Familiar with MLB and your team’s voice on social, ready to contribute to that voice
- Creative, determined to create new content each day so things don’t get stale
- Have 1-2 years of professional quality photography and videography experience
- Know the ins and outs of social media platforms and what content works best on each
- Clean/clear writing and comfortable writing short content for large social media accounts
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras/smart phones
- Flexible with your schedule, ready to cover events on the fly
- Strong communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Professional on and off the field, positive representation of the league and our department
- Experience interviewing and storytelling is a plus
- Looking for additional bilingual candidates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Houston
- This is a part-time, seasonal job
Examples of previous LCC work:
Back to top