Groundskeeper - Jackie Robinson Training Complex
- Vero Beach, FL
The Groundskeeper for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) assists with the day-to-day maintenance of ten and a half athletic fields, common areas and facility grounds for year-round events including games, practices, camps and special events. The Groundskeeper also assists with maintaining all landscaped areas including plants, trees and shrubs.
- Maintain baseball, softball and other athletic fields, landscaped areas and facility grounds for the purpose of providing high quality, attractive and safe areas for athletic and non-athletic events.
- Perform regular grounds maintenance tasks including but not limited to mowing, edging, raking, weeding and trimming.
- Prune trees, hedges and shrubs.
- Assist with dragging base baths, clay repair and preparation of pitching mounds and home plates.
- Setup athletic fields and equipment for practices and games.
- Assist with field tarp placements during adverse weather conditions.
- Perform manual labor including regular lifting of heavy objects and equipment, bending, stooping, and digging to maintain grounds.
- Inspect, clean, and help maintain groundskeeping equipment to ensure safe and proper operating conditions.
- Assist in proper execution of cultural practices.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Grounds.
- Athletic field or landscape maintenance experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical groundskeeping hand tools and power equipment on a regular basis for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a hands-on position in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
Back to top