Grounds Foreman - Jackie Robinson Training Complex
- Vero Beach, FL
The Grounds Foreman for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) is a working supervisor position that helps oversee and execute the day-to-day maintenance of ten and a half athletic fields, common areas and facility grounds for year-round events including games, practices, camps and special events. The Grounds Foreman also assists with maintaining all landscaped areas including plants, trees and shrubs. The Grounds Foreman assists with the day-to-day supervision of the Groundskeepers.
- Maintain baseball, softball and other athletic fields, landscaped areas and facility grounds for the purpose of providing high quality, attractive and safe areas for athletic and non-athletic events.
- Assist in training and supervision of Groundskeepers.
- Assist with fertilization and pesticide applications.
- Perform regular grounds maintenance tasks including but not limited to mowing, edging, raking, weeding and trimming.
- Prune trees, hedges and shrubs.
- Assist with dragging base baths, clay repair and preparation of pitching mounds and home plates.
- Setup athletic fields and equipment for practices and games.
- Oversee field tarp placements during adverse weather conditions.
- Perform manual labor including regular lifting of heavy objects and equipment, bending, stooping, and digging to maintain grounds.
- Inspect, clean, and help maintain groundskeeping equipment to ensure safe and proper operating conditions.
- Assist in proper execution of cultural practices.
- Communicate with Groundskeepers and clients effectively and professionally.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Grounds.
- 2 years of athletic field or landscape maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory role strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical groundskeeping hand tools and power equipment on a regular basis for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a hands-on position in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
Back to top