Freelance Integration Project Coordinator
- Secaucus, NJ
Position Summary: This Freelance position handles the documentation and installation of equipment, wiring additions and changes to the Production, Post-Production and Network Operations infrastructure. Work days / shifts vary based on need.
- Help to plan, organize, create and communicate integration workflow, project documentation and other elements for various engineering-related upgrades and projects.
- Act as liaison between mixed cross functional internal project managers regarding the planning and fulfillment of engineering projects.
- Maintain system documentation in the form of AutoCAD drawings and wire run lists.
- Maintain and organize shared project library and document management system.
- Document and install copper and fiber cable infrastructure as requested from the Engineering group.
- Assist with equipment and materials tracking and logistics.
- Assist in effectively lead wiring crews.
- Remove legacy wiring and equipment for disposal as directed.
- Effectively coordinate with MLB Network Facilities Department regarding applicable integration of assigned work (e.g., wiring and power systems, etc.).
- Maintain organization and inventory of engineering storage.
- Provide periodic assistance with general engineering support of the facility.
- Assist in the maintenance and recordkeeping of company asset database.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
- The applicant must have an advanced engineering knowledge of broadcast television equipment.
- The position requires 1-2+ years of hands-on experience in broadcast televisions facilities which have post-production systems, file-based server workflows, live studios, networked audio rooms. VoIP intercoms, networked audio rooms, HD routers, multi-viewer technology, transmission lines (both baseband and via IP), and other IP-based delivery systems.
- In-depth knowledge of computer and IT video file systems with proficiency in AutoCad, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required.
- Experienced in design and installation of broadcast television systems.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well and multi-task in a dynamic television broadcast environment.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be meticulous, flexible, and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently, yet strong collaboration skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- The ability to prioritize and be a proactive thinker.
- Fabrication knowledge of network cables, such as coaxial cable, optical fiber cable, and twisted pair cables including termination, soldering, installation and dressing of wiring harnesses.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, sit, stand and walk for various distances and lengths of time.
- Possess the visual acuity and hearing acuity sufficient to effectively perform required tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast technology/engineering or equivalent related experience.
Back to top