Equipment Technician - Jackie Robinson Training Complex
- Vero Beach, FL
The Equipment Technician for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) is responsible for the maintenance and repair of turf and landscape equipment, as well as all motorized carts at the facility. The Equipment Technician oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program, while making safety and cleanliness top priorities.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects/failures in various grounds maintenance equipment including but not limited to diesel, electric and gasoline powered tractors, trucks, carts, sweepers, rollers, and mowers.
- Instruct/train Groundskeepers on preventative maintenance and proper cleaning and safe operation of grounds equipment.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment.
- Place and receive orders for parts and supplies need for equipment or service.
- Keep thorough records of all equipment, including parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Spot check equipment for performance on the grounds and make emergency repairs to and service of equipment prior to use.
- Fabricate special tools and parts needed to improve equipment and grounds maintenance operations.
- Maintain excellent communication with the Grounds Manager by reporting needs or problems relating to the maintenance and/or repair of equipment.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Assist Groundskeepers with grounds maintenance tasks when necessary, including but not limited to mowing, field prep and debris blowing/cleanup.
- Assist with field tarp placements during adverse weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Grounds.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 2-3 years of equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and internal combustion powered and manually powered grounds maintenance tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of two- and four- cycle engine repairs and hydraulic motor repairs.
- Knowledge of cutting reels, sharpening, bearings, electrical and hydraulic system components, cooling system components, fuel and exhaust systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate turf equipment, small and large engine repair, hydraulic and electrical systems, some welding and fabrication.
- Knowledge or experience with bed knife and reel grinders preferred. Training can be made available.
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical groundskeeping hand tools and power equipment on a regular basis.
- Ability to regularly lift heavy objects and equipment, bending and stooping to maintain equipment and grounds.
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top