Position Summary: MLB Network seeks an Engineer to provide engineering support for a state of the art HD television facility.
- Support and maintain multiple studio production environments.
- Support and maintain large post production SAN-based systems.
- Support and maintain advanced television graphics systems.
- Support and maintain transmission systems and earth station.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- 1 year’s basic computer and networking experience, including the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of file-based editing systems. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Proficiency in CAD a plus.
- Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a willingness to learn.
- General knowledge of IP-based broadcast equipment.
- Capability of integration of cabling and systems based on technical drawings.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to learn new concepts and develop the skill sets needed to achieve the Level 2 Engineer role.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to regularly walk, stand, sit, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds.
- Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess a level of hearing sufficient for effective interaction with stakeholders by various means, including in-person, via phone, etc.
Education: B.A. or equivalent experience.
All in-office positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy.