Data Ops Seasonal Tracking Op
- New York, NY
MLB’s Baseball Tracking System (BTS) utilizes optical-based ball flight measurement and player tracking technology for television broadcast, Internet, stadium video production and organizational data. It is the perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who also happens to be a big baseball fan.
- Arrive at the ballpark 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time;
- Double-check and verify the game ID, both team's rosters, batting lineups, pitchers, and other pre-game information;
- Verify video recording 10 minutes prior to start of game;
- Enable and/or disable pitch tracking between innings;
- Ensure each play has captured all baseball events and player tracking accurately;
- Perform editing to ensure each play has complete and accurate data;
- Work closely with MLB data operations personnel to troubleshoot the system and ensure accuracy of data;
- Provide detailed post-game reporting and recaps.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, software;
- Ability to focus solely on the job for the duration of a baseball game;
- Ability to deal with challenging personalities;
- Willingness to learn system flow;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to understand and follow baseball play during a game;
- Strong communication skills;
- Reliable transportation and cell phone.
Back to top