- New York, NY
The Major League Baseball Business & Technology Legal team oversees the legal aspects of a wide range of Major League Baseball’s domestic and international commercial activities, including licensing, products, national events (such as the World Series and the All-Star Game), marketing, advertising, sponsorship, ticketing, video and mobile games and gaming, sports betting, technology infrastructure, software licensing, consumer protection, data privacy, and information security. Major League Baseball is seeking counsel to join this team.
- Negotiate and structure commercial agreements based on the needs of MLB’s business and operational units supported by the Business & Technology Legal team.
- Provide general in-house legal services to and advise MLB’s business and operational units.
- Review marketing, advertising, sponsorship and promotional materials and other industry assets for legal compliance.
- Advise on global legal issues as they relate to MLB’s business activities as supported by the Business & Technology Legal team.
- Help develop and implement internal compliance policies.
- Provide oversight, strategy and direction to outside counsel.
- Member of New York State Bar in good standing.
- Top academic credentials and references.
- Minimum of four (4) years as a practicing lawyer, preferably with at least several years’ experience in a well-regarded law firm.
- Significant transactional experience negotiating and structuring major commercial agreements both domestically and internationally, and with preference for work related to events, marketing and/or licensing.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced environment, interacting regularly with business stakeholders.
- Must be able to simultaneously accomplish multiple quantitatively and qualitatively challenging tasks.
Back to top