- New York, NY
- Report to Senior Vice President, Head Business & Technology Counsel.
- Negotiate and structure commercial agreements based on the needs of MLB’s business and operational units (e.g., technology, information security, licensing, business development, ticketing, e-commerce, marketing, content, social media, product, advertising and sponsorship, human resources, public relations and finance).
- Provide general in-house legal services to and advise MLB’s business and operational units.
- Review and aid in crafting consumer data privacy policies and practices and coordinate amongst relevant internal groups related to consumer data.
- Advise on global legal issues as they relate to MLB’s business activities (e.g., in realm of privacy, information security and consumer protection law).
- Help develop and implement internal compliance policies.
- Provide oversight, strategy and direction to outside counsel.
- Member of New York State Bar in good standing.
- Top academic credentials and references.
- Minimum four (4) years as a practicing lawyer, preferably with at least several years’ experience in a well-regarded law firm.
- Significant transactional experience negotiating and structuring major licensing and other commercial agreements both domestically and internationally, and preferably related to media and technology.
- CIPP U.S. certification preferred.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced environment, interacting regularly with senior management.
- Must be able to simultaneously accomplish multiple quantitatively and qualitatively challenging tasks.
Back to top