Seeking to immediately fill the position of Coordinator, Legal & Business Affairs within the Legal Department, who would operate at the direction and under the supervision of lawyers and senior members of the Legal & Business Affairs group, including in connection with (1) preparation and administration of contracts, (2) compliance matters, (3) research and (4) support of the Legal Department as needed
- Contract Preparation and Administration:
- Extensive interaction with the company’s (and its affiliates’) business units, with a particular focus on Minor League Baseball, including business development, marketing, social media, mobile, consumer products, ticketing, technology, advertising, promotions and sponsorship, licensing, human resources and finance, and industry partners;
- Management, preparation and negotiation of company transactional agreements; and
- Maintenance and updates to database of templates and boilerplate contract clauses
- Compliance Matters: Preliminary review of certain marketing, advertising, promotional and other industry assets and assisting with development of applicable terms and conditions
- Research: Legal research needed to support the Legal Department
- Support: Various related tasks and special projects as requested by the Legal Department, including administrative support as necessary
- College graduate and at least two years’ experience as a contract administrator / transactional paralegal (or equivalent); experience at a law firm strongly preferred
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Top academic credentials and references
- Ability to handle privileged, confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate and professional manner
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously accomplish multiple quantitatively and qualitatively challenging tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Workshare 9 and Web-based research
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy