Analyst, Consumer Analytics
- New York, NY
Major League Baseball is seeking an Analyst in the Consumer Analytics group. The Analyst will serve as a key contributor in support of various departments around the league with the goal of leveraging data and analytics to help drive business impact, fan engagement, and growth. This role will work closely with departments around MLB such as Marketing, Product, Ticketing, Technology, and Sponsorship to implement high priority, strategic league-wide initiatives. The ideal candidate is capable of working in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands and has a strong technical background.
- Measure and recommend improvements on digital products such as MLB.TV, MLB & Club websites, MLB apps like At Bat, Ballpark, and Home Run Derby, and video games like RBI 19.
- Perform ad hoc and advanced analyses on user behaviors while feeding data to product owners and strategic leads to assist in guiding product and content strategy.
- Retrieve data and provide insight into MLB.com portal traffic, industry trends, and the league’s third-party presences.
- Assist in the reporting and creation of media strategies on owned and operated platforms for media partners such as ESPN+, DAZN, and YouTube TV.
- Present thoughtful, cohesive evidence to support initiative and campaign proposals to various MLB stakeholders.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and ad hoc analyses that provide insights into major projects, initiatives and trends around the league.
- Create and distribute traffic and usage reports to assist internal business owners, upper management and all 30 MLB teams and MLB partners in project creation and prioritization.
- Work with others to develop and facilitate best practices for data and analytics across the league.
- Assist in analytical projects aiming to spot usage and traffic trends across digital platforms and determine causation.
- Build presentations regarding project performance for dissemination internally.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- College Graduate B.A. /B.S. degree with a relevant academic major is strongly preferred, though candidates with non-traditional schooling backgrounds and strong relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics is required.
- Highly professional manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in quantitative data collection and data analysis (e.g., SQL, Excel etc.) is required. Additional technical literacy is preferred.
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software is preferred.
- 0-2 years related experience is preferred.
- Experience with data science and statistical concepts is a plus.
- Previous experience working within the sports industry is a plus.
Back to top