Visual Product Design Lead
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for crafting a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. We are a small, collaborative team of multidisciplinary designers, and are looking for an expert visual and brand designer to own our design language, lead the evolution of our brand, and inspire us to build beautiful products.
- Our process always begins with a vision and is a highly collaborative between the product and design teams.
- We focus on innovation with purpose to tackle the problem at hand, and we care deeply about the details.
- Most importantly, we take time to complete projects the right way. Building something phenomenal is always our top priority, even if it means taking more time to get it just right.
About the role:
- Evolve and codify the visual design experience for Mixpanel’s products.
- Manage a functional style guide and pattern library.
- Collaborate closely with Systems Designers and UI Engineers to express visual designs as scalable components.
- Inspire the product and marketing design teams by pushing the boundaries of our visual style
- Collaborate across teams to develop and evolve a visual system that is cohesive, flexible, and communicates our brand in product and across all other customer touch points.
- Mentor all designers to work within the system by developing principles, brand guidelines, and design patterns.
- Maintain a library of design patterns for the product team, and resources for partners within the marketing team.
- Act as a brand ambassador to the organization, by collaborating closely with product, design, engineering, and marketing to present your ideas, gain consensus, and champion your recommendations within the organization.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Empathy – You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your stakeholders, your team, and our customers.
- Passion – You sweat the details of your own work and will inspire others to push the bounds of their own creativity.
- Constraints – You believe that true creativity doesn’t come without constraints, and you see them as a tool to help inform your work.
- Community – You have skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top