Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role:
The core responsibility of a Support Engineer is to support our customers at every turn in the Mixpanel journey by providing answers to product questions, sharing best practices and debugging technical issues. As a Support Engineer, you can focus on coding projects, collaborate with our Product team to launch new features, develop product trainings, or mentor new team members — just to name a few! We’ve had team members focus on developing their technical skills to join the engineering team, hone their customer facing skills to become customer success managers, and take on leadership roles in Support.
- Become a Mixpanel product expert! Our support team is on the front lines developing best practices and offering consultative advice. You will help customers understand our reports and features, improve their implementation, and support them through their technical roadblocks
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via Zendesk email or online chat
- Contribute to growing support channels like online community forums and help center documentation
- Collaborate with other Support Engineers to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Identify, document, and report bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams
- Act as a customer advocate by providing continuous feedback regarding internal support processes, product improvements and customer education
- Help customers import, update and export data via our APIs
- Work on initiatives within the team to improve internal processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- An intrinsic drive to help customers, along with the patience and empathy to understand their issues and provide solutions tailored to their needs
- A knack for explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience — our customers are all over the world, in a variety of industries, with varying roles and backgrounds
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to interpret data
- Ability to ask the right questions, think on your feet, and be resourceful when faced with new challenges
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience providing consultative services to customers and the ability to ask our customers the right business questions and utilize their data to realize their goals
- An understanding of APIs and experience interacting with them
- Experience developing documentation for an internal knowledge base or public facing documentation like our Help Center
- Experience developing or delivering customer facing or internal trainings
- Experience with Mixpanel — whether you have experience in our core reports or you are a power JQL user!
- Experience with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, or SalesForce - these are tools we use daily!
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Back to top