Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for crafting a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role:
The Infrastructure Engineering team is 20 engineers who develop and run our data analytics platform. This platform, built at Mixpanel, serves all of our analytic and machine learning products. Our goal is to support complex queries over terabytes of data and hundreds of servers at interactive speeds. Our key focus areas are high scalability, high reliability, low latency, and low cost.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in database internals, distributed systems, or high-performance C/C++ programming.
- Experience with C/C++, Go, or Python.
- Optimizing our query engine and data format to support faster queries over larger data sets.
- Developing the query language (and engine) capable of executing complex multi-phase query plans with subsecond response times.
- Building the data ingestion and processing pipeline that durably stores 200k records per second and terabytes of data per day.
- We collaborate. We try to have at least two people work together on every project. It’s more fun and yields better results.
- We value learning, from each other and by building prototypes and collecting data to challenge our assumptions. Sometimes we try things that fail, and that’s okay. We expect to learn something new every day.
- There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another.
- We care about quality. We do very thorough code reviews, and try our best to build code that is simple, clear and reliable.
- We troubleshoot our systems and strive to make them better. When something does go wrong, we focus on the root cause and future prevention, not assigning blame.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top