Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We work in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
- The analytics (& BI) market are estimated to be $26B revenue in 2020 (Gartner)
- We’re a market leader with traction in the enterprise and a strong base of SMB/Mid-Market customers. Our customers including Salesforce, Microsoft, HP, Amazon and American Express.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, we have nearly 300 employees, including growing offices in New York, London, Seattle, Salt Lake City and Singapore!
About the role
As a Sales Engineers you are critical in presenting the value of Mixpanel’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow our Sales organization, you'll will be collaborating with Account Executives as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie Mixpanel’s solutions to their business needs. Our SEs need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of Mixpanel to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to high-level executives.
In the first month, you will become a Mixpanel expert on both features and functionality as well as implementation. You will be given the opportunity to shadow customer calls and demos with current Sales Engineers and Account Executives while learning how to articulate our value proposition. You will be trained on Mixpanel’s internal systems and tools in order to be set up for success.
Within the first three months, you will be directly involved in deal cycles with Commercial Account Executives. You will be leading the technical qualification for customer’s use cases as well as delivering customized demos for prospects. You will have a clear understanding of how Mixpanel is implemented across all platforms and be able to guide customers towards the right solution for their needs. The SE will be critical in setting expectations for successful Mixpanel implementations and prepare both internal and external teams for long-term success.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive revenue growth by serving as the key technical contact for the customer.
- Develop relationships and uncover the needs of key technical stakeholders within your assigned book of business.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality.
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Actively utilize Salesforce to track deal activity and customer requirements.
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential Mixpanel customers and delivering to the Product team.
- 4+ years of experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering or related role.
- You have experience delivering product demonstrations to C-level Executives.
- You have the ability and desire to learn independently.
- You have experience (preferred) or curiosity in the data and analytics space.
- Able to travel
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Meet Some of Mixpanel's Employees
Manager, Support Engineering
Hilary not only helps deliver outstanding service to Mixpanel customers, but also supports her team in their career development goals and helps them transition to new roles throughout the company.
Back to top