Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role
Mixpanel’s Solutions organization works side-by-side with our most strategic customers across a wide range of verticals including media & entertainment, finance and consumer technology to lay the foundation for real business impact. Our Solutions Architects and Implementation Managers accomplish this through deep data architecture and implementation guidance, product & technical expertise, and consultation on business strategy and industry trends.
We are looking for a dynamic manager to join and lead our NYC Solutions group as a champion and advocate for both our team members and our customers.
- Be a critical voice in strategy & planning for our global Solutions organization
- Own the execution and day-to-day operations for two distinct but closely aligned post-sales teams responsible for the entire customer onboarding experience, product & data expertise, and technical services delivery
- Build and iterate on processes to streamline workflows and maximize team efficiency at scale
- Holistically manage team resources: capacity modeling and forecasting, hiring, budget & spending
- Develop, report, and act on both quantitative and qualitative data on team performance
- Ex. how do we measure and improve on the success of our onboarding program?
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and collaboration with rest of our Success organization as well as other groups including Sales, Product, and Engineering
- Engage directly with customers as a point of escalation and executive sponsor
- Drive ongoing career development and learning opportunities for team members
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing customer-facing project consulting or technical teams
- Passionate about fostering talent and building growth & learning paths for team members
- Enjoys solving multi-faceted problems with ambiguous inputs: how do you prioritize short-term gains versus long-term goals?
- Strong track record of meticulous execution and delivering results: do you sweat the details, but keep your eyes on the finish line?
- Proven ability to define a clear path forward and delegate effectively: knowing when to let your team run, and knowing when to step in as a guide
- Familiar with modern web & mobile technologies and data stacks at companies of all sizes
- Bonus: you’ve built a web or mobile application and/or have strong analytics experience
- Strong opinions, loosely held: come to the table with a perspective, but remain flexible
- Excellent communication skills: we move quickly as a company, and it’s crucial for all of our leaders to communicate clearly and effectively.
What we value
- Be Human: We value character above all else. Respect and empathize with everyone you interact with.
- Partnership: Spend time truly understanding your customer’s business and industry & work together towards meaningful outcomes.
- Succeed Together: Balance the best interest of your customers with Mixpanel’s. When possible, make 360-degree decisions that lead to shared successes.
- Aim Higher: Do not settle for mediocrity. Always strive to achieve higher standards and hold yourself accountable.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Meet Some of Mixpanel's Employees
Manager, Support Engineering
Hilary not only helps deliver outstanding service to Mixpanel customers, but also supports her team in their career development goals and helps them transition to new roles throughout the company.
Back to top