Manager, Customer Operations
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role:
The Manager, Customer Operations will be a key business partner to our customer support, professional services and customers success teams (i.e. “Customer Team”) to develop, deploy and improve the best practices, procedures, metrics, reporting and tools necessary to ensure consistency, quality, and maximum efficiency of the department. The Manager of Customer Operations will drive operations strategy, weekly processes and initiatives to ensure the organization has what it needs to beget wildly successful customers and meet adoption and renewal goals.
We’re looking for someone who:
- You will work with the Customer Team leaders to design, implement and manage accurate renewal, professional services and support bookings and revenue forecasting processes. Ensures forecasts are updated accurately and timely for weekly reporting and meetings
- You enjoy collaborating with the VP, Customer Success, and Customer Team leaders to develop key operational metrics and goals for the business. Maintains discrete sets of metrics for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- You will act as the single owner and source of truth for all Customer Team metrics data. Works ongoing with key stakeholders to enhance operational metrics.
- Works with the leaders of the Customer Team and Finance business partner to design, implement and manage accurate financial forecasting, planning and budgeting processes. Reports monthly variances and utilizes staffing models for forecasting purposes
- Designs, builds and maintains system reporting and dashboards (i.e. Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, FinancialForce). Ensures data, reports, and other internal intelligence tools are provided to key partners in an accurate and timely manner
- Collaborates with Customer Team leadership to expand and enhance existing tools to best support the organizational goals and objectives
- Evaluates any new technology that would be beneficial to the organization
- Presents ideas and recommendations, continuously look for ways to improve processes
- Assists with other ad-hoc tasks and projects for the team
Bonus points if you:
- 6+ years’ related work experience in software services, including 3+ years’ experience with SaaS or Analytics customer success and renewal business processes would be ideal.
- Proven record of credible leadership and strong program management with achieving related goals
- Prior success in services operations or sales operations role.
- Positive, high-energy attitude, independent, and takes ownership of all tasks from start to finish. Acute attention to detail.
- Consistently operate in an attitude of partnership and collaboration. Develop strong relationships in all organizations and promote company culture and values.
- You have a focus on action, with the ability and willingness to both strategize with leadership as well as dive into the details
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Powerpoint required. Prior experience with Salesforce.com and Zendesk strongly preferred.
- You have a positive and collaborative mindset, and enjoy working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FLSA Status: exempt
Back to top