Machine Learning Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role:
The machine learning team is responsible for features which automate finding insights for our users, so that they can maximally leverage their data, while we do the heavy lifting. The models we build use a mix of machine learning, data science and raw statistics; we are pragmatic and will use the simplest approach that works. In addition to the R&D for our models, we are also responsible for putting them into production and maintaining them. This team is ideal for someone who is passionate about both machine learning and production engineering.
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Anomaly detection, and explanations of anomalies
- Automatic detection of interesting segments of users
- Smarter correlation analysis
- Predicting user conversion
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience, writing highly performant backend code and/or using machine learning or data science to build product features. Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the Clojure programming language is a plus, as most of our team's services are written in Clojure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, a passion for writing high quality software, and a love of data and statistics.
- US work authorization
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering:
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Back to top