Inbound Business Development Representative (Utah)
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We work in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn.
- You’ll have opportunity for advancement.
- The analytics (& BI) market are estimated to be $26B revenue in 2020 (Gartner)
- We’re a market leader with traction in the enterprise and a strong base of SMB/Mid-Market customers. Our customers including Salesforce, Microsoft, HP, Amazon and American Express.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, we have nearly 300 employees, including growing offices in New York, London, Seattle, Salt Lake City and Singapore.
About the Role
The goal of a Mixpanel Inbound Business Development Representative (IBDR) is to assist in achieving corporate revenue objectives by providing world class customer service and sales support. As an IBDR you will be part of a dynamic team that will be performing a dual sales support role.
- Act as a key player in processing and responding to all inbound leads and conduct information gathering to pre-qualify results through phone, email & social media efforts.
- Identify, clean, qualify & route Leads to the corresponding Sales team member
- Follow-up on the substantial volume of leads generated from web visits, signups and other sources
- Ability to partner & work closely with designated SMB Account Executives on territory penetration
- Contribute to achieving company revenue targets by conducting solution-oriented sales conversations with prospective customers
- Qualify Contacts’ interest based on qualification criteria with the goal of scheduling Appointments with Key Contacts and seek out new opportunities & pipeline
- Highly proficient in Mixpanel high-level messaging, including industry-specific focus
- Understand Customers’ needs & effectively communicate how Mixpanel will meet them
- Ability to position Mixpanel differentiation and our sales engagement model
- Document all activity including use cases, timeframes, next steps in CRM
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mixpanel standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and other prospecting tools a plus
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred.
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills required
- One year software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast paced & growing team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
- Prior experience with CRM systems a plus
- Strong computer and application skills
- 4-year college degree
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Meet Some of Mixpanel's Employees
Manager, Support Engineering
Hilary not only helps deliver outstanding service to Mixpanel customers, but also supports her team in their career development goals and helps them transition to new roles throughout the company.
Back to top