Enterprise Sales Engineer
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics
About the role
Our Sales Engineers are critical in presenting the value of Mixpanel’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow our Sales organization, Sales Engineers will be collaborating with Account Executives as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie Mixpanel’s solutions to their business needs. Our SEs need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of Mixpanel to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to high-level executives.
In the first month, you will become a Mixpanel expert on both features and functionality as well as implementation. You will shadow customer calls and demos with current Sales Engineers and Account Executives while learning how to articulate our value proposition. You'll familiarize yourself on Mixpanel’s internal systems and tools that will enable your success.
Within the first three months, you'll get involved in deal cycles with Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives. You will lead the technical qualification for customer’s use cases as well as delivering customized demos for prospects. You'll have a clear understanding of how Mixpanel is implemented across all platforms and be able to guide customers towards the right solution for their needs. The SE will be essential in setting expectations for successful Mixpanel implementations and prepare both internal and external teams for long-term success.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive revenue growth by serving as the key technical contact for the customer.
- Develop relationships and uncover the needs of key technical partners within your assigned book of business.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality.
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Actively utilize Salesforce to track deal activity and customer requirements.
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential Mixpanel customers and delivering to the Product team.
You will have….
- 3-5 years of experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering or related role.
- Experience delivering product demonstrations to C-level Executives.
- The ability and desire to learn independently.
- Experience or curiosity in the data and analytics space.
- Ability to travel.
- We collaborate....It’s more fun and yields better results.
- We value learning, from each other and sometimes we try things that fail, and that’s okay. We expect to learn something new every single day.
- We're Down for the Cause! There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes and we move quickly
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top