Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role
Mixpanel’s Customer Success Managers are entrusted with the relationships, strategy and well-being of Mixpanel’s top accounts. The CSMs are ultimately responsible for making sure that the customers in their portfolio are consistently learning from their data and extracting an incredible amount of value out of their analytics and marketing investments with Mixpanel. We are looking to expand our Enterprise team, focused on the retention and expansion of clients across segments, verticals, and lifecycle stages.
- You are highly consultative with savvy business acumen (deep understanding of your customers economic model, can navigate centralized procurement and budgeting processes).
- You are experienced working with C-level executives at large enterprises and understand the unique power of genuine relationships. You can network with your customers and leverage them to expand Mixpanel's footprint across your book of business.
- You have strong commercial acumen including but not limited to pricing, negotiation, managing services expectations.
- You are extraordinarily friendly and quick-witted.
- You are highly disciplined, accountable and a self-starter.
- Manage a book of business ~$2M ARR and 18 accounts.
- Take complete ownership of the business relationship with a portfolio of Enterprise customers.
- Maintain a high retention rate and drive adoption of Mixpanel across accounts.
- Lead presentations and workshops with executives, business users, and technical users to map customer requirements and value proposition to pertinent functionality within Mixpanel.
- Conduct regular, on-site business reviews (may require up to 30% travel).
- Navigate complex organizations to identify key stakeholders and make sure they are engaged and seeing the value of Mixpanel.
- Analyze data and draw insightful recommendations for customers; make well-informed decisions with minimal oversight. You have sound data instincts and love making data-driven decisions.
- Drive Mixpanel's development of vertical-specific point of view and delivery in a manner consistent with growing Mixpanels profile at key customers. Develop an intimate understanding of customers’ businesses.
- Understand Mixpanel’s competitive positioning and products. Speak at length to product differentiators.
- Handle urgent customer concerns with confidence, putting them at ease.
- Act as liaison between customers and internal teams at Mixpanel and advocate internally on behalf of your customers.
- Take ownership of developing junior team members via mentoring and/or partnering on complex accounts.
- 5+ years client management experience at a software company, agency, or management consultancy (e.g. Deloitte, Accenture, PwC)
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail; can confidently project manage a technical project with many moving pieces
- The persistence to build relationships where none exists
- Excellent interpersonal skills; people want to hang out with you once they’ve met you
- Strong communicator who can give an excellent presentation and write an eloquent e-mail
- Love of data, and a thorough understanding of how data-driven decision making transforms a product or business
- Empathy with a knack for understanding what a customer really needs and why they need it
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize without being frazzled
- Passion for providing top-notch customer service
- Bachelor Degree required
Why choose Mixpanel?A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Meet Some of Mixpanel's Employees
Manager, Support Engineering
Hilary not only helps deliver outstanding service to Mixpanel customers, but also supports her team in their career development goals and helps them transition to new roles throughout the company.
Back to top