Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role
Mixpanel is seeking an experienced, self-motivated commissions analyst who will be a key player in supporting Mixpanel’s sales commissions process. This position will be responsible for scaling our comp plan build out in Xactly and monthly commission processing. This person will work cross functionally with sales operations to ensure accuracy and timely execution of comp plans. Additionally, this person will own the bookings validation process to ensure that all bookings are inline with company policy. The role will also be responsible for addressing any commission related questions from sales reps and managers, while also providing analytical support to sales operations & finance to help drive the Company’s continued growth.
- Calculate, administer, and submit monthly commissions payouts & accruals within specified deadlines
- Validate and audit monthly bookings for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve commission issues in a timely, and customer centric fashion.
- Work closely with other business partners and departments such as Sales Operations and Finance to drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions calculations and reporting.
- Play a key role in implementing all comp plans in Xactly.
- Track plan performance, make business and compensation plan recommendations and ensure program compliance across sales teams
- Provide guidance and training to sales teams on commissions plan structures, reports, policy, and other relevant processes.
- Support audit deliverables related to commission payouts
- Provide ad hoc commission analysis and reporting
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Prior sales compensation experience, preferably in SAAS
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, chart/graphs)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a team-oriented environment delivering tangible results with demonstrated project/business process improvement skills.
- Experience with SFDC/ Xactly/Docusign applications or any commissions applications a plus.
- Possess process improvement mentality
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Meet Some of Mixpanel's Employees
Manager, Support Engineering
Hilary not only helps deliver outstanding service to Mixpanel customers, but also supports her team in their career development goals and helps them transition to new roles throughout the company.
Back to top