Location: London, UK
Closing date: 10/17/2018
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the role
We are seeking a smart, motivated, self-starter to join Mixpanel’s legal team. Our ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who is focused on execution, prepared to lead on important company deals and is comfortable with the unknown to make thoughtful, creative decisions on cutting-edge legal issues. You will utilize your legal and business acumen to help Mixpanel achieve its business goals and grow into a leader for the legal team in EMEA.
We're looking for someone who:
- Primary responsibility to negotiate technology-related commercial agreements (license agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts and partnership agreements) and maintain commercial templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Provide legal and strategic leadership to support cross-functional projects across internal functions, including sales, customer success, sales operations, finance, and marketing activities.
- Develop understanding of Mixpanel technology and build relationships with business teams in the USA and EMEA.
- If there is interest by the candidate, ability to support legal projects in different functions, such as corporate compliance and privacy.
- Positive, friendly and collaborative attitude while maintaining the highest standards of business and professional conduct.
- Strong work ethic and project management skills with ability to respond to requests quickly and with excellent attention to detail.
- Clear communicator with ability to distill complex issues in a simple manner in both writing and orally.
- Ability to learn Mixpanel’s technology and anticipate legal issues that could arise in various settings, with a record of partnering with the business in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Strong social skills required to become a trusted advisor for the legal team, our internal clients and external customers and their negotiators/counsel.
- Qualification to practice law in an EU country.
- Four years of post-qualified experience working at an international law firm or in-house company. More experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) are a must.
- Experience with legal agreements with governing law in EU jurisdictions.
Bonus points if you:
- Experience in data privacy and governance.
- Fluency in German, French or Spanish.
- Experience with complex Software-as-a-Service contracts or partnership agreements.
- Knowledge of employment or corporate law in EU jurisdictions.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top