Video Editor & Motion Designer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the team
Miro’s Brand Experience team is a growing team of designers, writers, producers, researchers, and creatives. Together, we’re the voice of the Miro brand and we communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of communications: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads (and every other marketing channel you can imagine). We take an ideas-based approach to our work, honing in on compelling ways to bring our brand to life while creating the strategic messaging through which to communicate most effectively.
About the role
Miro seeks a Video Editor/Motion Designer to support video initiatives spanning from brand marketing campaigns, product updates and launches, internal and external events, and more. As a Video Editor/Motion Designer, you’ll partner cross-functionally with our Growth, Content, Product Marketing, and our People teams to develop remarkable videos, elevate our storytelling, and bring our brand to life. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, can execute on all post-production parts from video editing to animation and know how to bring a storyboard to life. You will also take part in the conception phase between ideation, scripting, design, and storyboarding.
This role reports to the Video Lead and is located in beautiful Amsterdam.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute video projects from pitch to completion ensuring deliverables meet due dates and Miro's high standards of quality
- Brainstorm, script, design, and storyboard new concepts from creative briefs
- Edit interviews and live-action footage with a strong story arch approach and implementing color grading and audio correction/sound mixing
- Produce motion graphics for a variety of uses, from titles and intro cards to short-form social posts and long-form product demos. Often 2D animation, sometimes 2.5D and 3D, and screen recordings
- Scale production with external video freelancers or agencies, which includes providing clear and actionable creative direction, and ensuring deliverables meet Miro's high standards of quality
- Understand video formats and how to best approach them for organic and paid cross-channel promotion on Web, blog, Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter
- Develop video templates and structure to repurpose existing video content such as webinars, product demos, interviews, and more.
- Help maintain an organized library of video assets for internal and external partners
- Help to define, shape and evolve the video guidelines reflecting our brand identity
- Meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
What you’ll need
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated professional experience conceptualizing and executing on motion videos and video editing at a studio, agency, or in-house at a brand or tech company
- A portfolio that shows strong skills across motion graphic design and live-action
- Experience in producing product videos for a SaaS company
- Deep expertise in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator) and experience Figma/Sketch
- Strong knowledge of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques
- Great attention to detail, and passionate about graphic design, illustration, typography, color, composition, and story rhythm
- Have a strong position about their creative direction, but know when to fight for an idea, and when to let it go and move on
- Be a team player with great written and oral communication skills who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate effectively with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
- Experience working in distributed teams would be a huge plus
- An entrepreneurial drive in getting things done from project initiation to delivery
- Strong ability to multitask, organize, facilitate and collaborate within cross-functional teams
What's in it for you
- Contribute to defining and shaping a growing brand that’s reimagining the future of work
- Develop world-class and recognizable brand videos among tech companies
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Back to top