Senior Engineering Manager, Product Security
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the team
Miro’s product security team is an essential part of the organization and is responsible for the entire product security end to end. The main focus areas for the team today includes:
- Application security to improve the development process, security reviews
- Security DevOps
- Automated security tests and build-in controls
- Penetration testing, vulnerabilities investigations, audits
- External and internal communications about security practices, incidents
The team plays one of the key roles in the company ensuring product quality from the security perspective. It consists of talented engineers across two locations who are looking to get Miro’s security to the next level.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As a Senior Engineering Manager, Product Security, you will lead the product security team that is distributed between hubs, grow the security organization at Miro, and hire new engineers and experts. You will be responsible for defining and executing the company product security strategy, bringing and promoting the best practices inside the engineering org, coaching product and engineering teams. You will be responsible for developing strong cross-team relations with Engineering, Trust, Product and Legal organization, and ensuring alignment, proactive work with stakeholders and helping aligning business needs with security requirements.
What you’ll do
- Define, develop and lead Miro’s product security strategy while ensuring alignment with business and other functional areas
- Drive the team to keep Miro product security compliant with GDPR, CCPA, SOC2 and be prepared for future certifications, i.e. ISO
- Set up a scalable product security team to assure the security across the whole product
- Build a security culture across the whole of product-engineering
- Coach and grow product security team leads
- Drive architecture and infrastructure changes to archive the highest security standards
- Design and drive product security reviews and audits in Miro
- Proactively react to new security changes and challenges
What you’ll need
- 5+ years in a senior engineering/ head of security position
- 10+ years software engineering experience, preferably with security companies
- Experience with defining the strategy and accountability for strategy deliverables in an agile environment, proven ability to be a visionary in the field of security
- Experience in building and leading a distributed team across different time zones
- Strong technical skills in network, application and cloud security
- Experience with ISO, SOC2, GDPR, NIST, CCPA
- Flexibility, goal-orientation and growth mindset
- Strong written and oral communications skills
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Back to top