Senior Database Administrator, PostgreSQL (Scalability)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the team
As a Senior Database Administrator you will join our Database team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This team is primarily responsible for providing Database as a Service following best practices and world standards.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Our Database Team is a part of Stability & Scalability stream. To learn more about this stream please watch the video.
About the role
Miro is a successful and fast growing engineering company that has created a business-critical platform for various companies across the globe. To support the increasing demand for feature releases we are scaling the current team and looking for the senior database administrator who will be responsible for our Database infrastructure and Database as a Service, which is used by our engineering team and subsequently our customers.
With millions of users, a global team, and the support of market-leading VCs and advisors, it’s an incredible time to join Miro. Bring your skills, experience, and vision and help us transform how the world collaborates.
What you'll do
- Provide stable and reliable Database as a Service in pre-production and production environments (high availability, scalability)
- Implement SLO and SLI for Database as a Service
- Work on performance tuning of databases and relevant components
- Ensure relevant backups policies are in place and documented
- Ensure disaster recovery policies and procedures are documented and regularly exercised
- Be part of the on-call rotation and 24x7 support for Database components
- Drive geo-distributed scalability efforts
- Improve the reliability of Database infrastructure, while maintaining the growth
- Participate in migration from self-hosted solutions to Cloud managed services (AWS RDS)
- Provision and continuously improve monitoring for Database infrastructure
What you'll need
- 4+ years experience as Database Engineer
- Strong hands-on experience with PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of Pgbouncer(or pgpool, odyssey), Patroni(stolon), pg_repack(or analogs), wal-g(or wal-e,pgbackrest)
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Strong experience in Database monitoring
- Good experience in Linux
- Experience with geo-distributed scale and replication techniques
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform) is an advantage
- Experience with AWS (RDS) is an advantage
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.
Back to top