About the Team
Miro is on a hyper-growth trajectory, scaling very fast and attracting world-class talent to support the business growth and stay ahead of the game. The engineering organization here is a unique group of people who are on a mission to create the best innovation platform out there.
The Infrastructure stream is all about product reliability, high-load, and high-available services. For example, we are providing an authentication service that is working as the first touchpoint for all user requests. At the same time, we aim to ensure the best engineering experience for the entire Miro engineering group. For that, we are our own microservices platform and persistence layer together with core system services.
Each role at Miro is based in one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that wants to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in the office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
As a Backend Engineer in our infrastructure team, your work will have a direct business impact and it will influence other Miro development teams as well - so this role is suitable for you if you want to combine direct impact on the user experience and infrastructure work.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute service-to-service communications strategy at Miro by introducing new tools, frameworks, and approaches to the strategy at Miro by introducing new tools
- Develop and execute API strategy at Miro by introducing new tools, best practices, and services that will be used by the Miro engineering group
- Build high performance and scalable solutions for the critical core services
- Implement data storage strategy, by providing core services and frameworks of working with databases and introducing new data storage in the Miro tech stack
- Provide observability for services in your area of responsibility and be on-call for it to make sure high-availability of Miro product
What you’ll need
- 8+ years’ experience in development with the required stack (Java, Spring Boot)
- Good knowledge of k8s, microservice concepts, service-to-service interaction at scale
- Experience working with Kafka and gRPC
- Experience in databases at scale (Postgres, MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.