Senior Backend Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
We are growing our new product-development hub in Amsterdam and building cross-functional teams.
As a Backend Developer at Miro, you'll be an impactful contributor to the technical design and development of new effective and elegant features. You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organise development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Our technological stack, infrastructure, tools
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito.
- TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS.
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket.
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux.
What you'll do
- You'll build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Miro. The main focus of your team will be on the Enterprise product area: user management, access limitations, content management.
- You'll help product managers and designers conceptualise solutions, validate the hypothesis and run experiments.
- You will work collaboratively with your team to deliver high-quality solutions within the set timelines.
- You'll be involved in lots of learning: research technological trends and new solutions, share your expertise and learn from the best engineers in the company and our advisors.
- Change the future of collaboration with Miro by bringing the joy of understanding to millions of people wherever they are.
What we expect
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, though it's more important what you know and what you can do.
- You have expert skills in Java server development and databases.
- You know REST architecture, design patterns, and SOLID principles.
- You know how to write unit and integration tests.
- You have a handle on how other products work: you can examine 3rd party code, read and understand technical documentation, interact with support teams.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Redis will be an advantage.
- You have great communication skills.
- You care about quality a lot and know how to ship high-quality code.
- You love teamwork and dream to create meaningful things together.
What’s in it for you
- Stock option program.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for a commute.
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided.
- Pension plan coming soon.
- Team outings and collaboration.
- Flexible time off.
- Join our inspiring workplace at TQ Central.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform for cross-functional teams in organisations of all sizes. Over 4 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers, and other professionals collaborate, visualise and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have customers from the world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.
Back to top